Thursday, May 1, 2008

Updates!!

So, as you can tell by the lack of blogging we have been quite busy around here. The end of March and all of April brought lots of new babies for our extended families, Easter, family pictures, job changes, home remodeling, more teething, and visits from long time friends.

Vaughn now has two new cousins: Graham and Jonah. Both boys are adorable and fit right in with the influx of grandsons on both sides of the family. Our friends had a beautiful girl named Clara and we are excited for our daughter to have a girl close in age to play with. Of course Naomi's sister is also expecting a girl due in August so those two cousins will only be a month apart.

Easter was wonderful and it was fun to see Vaughn actually start to catch on to the egg hunt concept. He loved the way the plastic ones sounded when shook. He of course wasn't sure he needed to go find all of his when a couple in a basket seemed thrilling enough. Plus we got to see Holly, Eric, Todd, Becky, & the boys...why I have no pictures of those visits I'm not quite sure, but we loved seeing all of them.

We finally got things together to take family pictures before I got any bigger and so we could have one official one of the three of us before sister comes. Our friend Bethany does fantastic photography and she and her marvelous assistant (Jordan a.k.a her hubby) were so good to work with...even when Vaughn is such a heckler to them. I have a link to her site on this blog.

Greg has officially changed jobs from Medtronic to CardioNet. Instead of pacemakers the medical device he'll specialize with is a diagnostic tool which records patients' heart rhythms to help cardiologists determine the next steps to take. He is most excited about the no "on call" nights and weekends but his territory is Visalia to Modesto (about 1 to 3 hours territory north of Bakersfield). For now we are staying put and not moving to Fresno.

Vaughn has more teeth, has learned to climb, enjoys sorting and reading, is attempting to use spoons and forks, but still has no desire to walk. All in good time, but I hope before the baby comes! Those two things have also sparked our home changes. Mostly painting, and this time we hired a wonderful man from another stake here in Bakersfield, who did a marvelous job and was such a perfectionist and so kind. Plus having to gut the "office" to make it a little boy room equipped with a twin bed and all. We think Vaughn will transition well but we haven't enforced anything yet.

Jennifer, Mark, John and Alison came for a visit as well. I can't believe how grown the kids are. It was a brief visit but I can't blame them for hurrying off to Disneyland.

Our friend Brandon came to visit this last weekend and that was so much fun. He and Greg of course got some four wheeling and golfing in and we B-B-Q'd and played lots of Settlers of Catan. It was great to see him and visit and for the guys to just have a good time together. We hadn't seen him since we left Utah 3 years ago and he moved to Oklahoma at the same time. Unfortunately, I didn't take a single picture that whole time of them...aargh.

So here were some updates and the previous posts show all the details. We've got a busy month of May as well; hopefully I'll be a little more on top of things, but no promises.

4 comments:

Lambfam said...

I love it all Naomi, I check all the time and was excited to see you post, boy when you post you really post. Your family pics are perfect!

Mansius Family said...

Wow I blink and you have posted a whole month worth of blogs. I had a lot to catch up on. Though I was just as bad this month and I only have one up so far. It sound like you have been so busy! We miss seeing you every Sunday. We need to get together soon!

Rachel said...

Fun to read the update of your family! I love your family pictures. Glad to hear all is well - good luck with the job change and pregnancy!

My sister and her husband just moved to Southern Cali - so we may actually get down there sometime - who knows?

Tom Quinn. said...

You guys are too cute. Seriously, let's tone down the cuteness just a little.