Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Lucy...I think we're obsessed

Life is just too wonderful!! Being at home with my loving husband and two beautiful children is more than I could ask for. I love each of them so much and am grateful for their individuality. This is worth any fatigue.

As I stated in previous posts, Vaughn loves to read. It is so touching though that time and again, even during playtime, he prefers to read from the illustrated condensed versions of the Book of Mormon and New Testament that the Church distributes. He loves pictures of Jesus and is just so sweet. He is such an obedient boy and has adjusted well to having his little sister. He really knows that she belongs to us and isn't just another baby. I can't believe my baby boy has been in a big boy bed and lays right down and has so much trust in his father and I. We still check on him at night before we go to bed and find him in crazy positions...but I always feel like the mother in the book "I'll love forever" where she goes in and rocks her son at any age because he will always be her baby. I know there is so much joy at the various stages but other than lack of sleep I could have life stand still right now.

Lucy is a champion eater and sleeper, just terribly mixed up about night and day. She is calm and easy going. I hope the first two weeks are indicative of the future. She is precious to us and a manifestation of the Lord's hand in our lives and His healing power, as is Vaughn. I don't know her current weight but at two weeks old today I think she has already changed so much.




This top picture was taken today and look how much her hair has lightened. What if our Lucy does end up being a red head?!







3 comments:

heidi said...

she looks so sweet. & i'm glad that the two kids are doing so well.

Mansius Family said...

Your kids are so CUTE!!!

Jennifer said...

She is really beautiful!